0

Of weddings and things

Posted by Slowplum on 7/17/2005 12:56:00 PM
The wedding was so fabulous and all had a good time. My uncle MP's speech was wonderful, he was a bit slurry at first because he was so nervous. He played a tape that L had made for him when she was like, 4 years old. It made most of us cry because it showed how much he loved her, that he managed to keep a tape around for 20 years, and was willing to share it with us.

Everything was perfect except the weather, it rained like heck AND on the way to G'town lightning struck the mall and set it on fire! We saw it happen as we were driving...TENSE trip, I must say.

We ended up staying in Guelph overnight which was nice as a drive home was the last thing we wanted to worry about. We stayed to pretty much the end of the night. i have to say, JC's family is pretty fabulous and I'm so happy for the two of them. L looked so beautiful but I managed not to cry (sap that I am, this is nothing short of a miracle). I did however cry when JPk (the maid of honor and also our cousin) said her speech to L. We're all a bunch of saps, what can I say?

The food was superb of course a Portuguese wedding so 5 courses and a midnight buffet, woo! Host bar too which made SO very very happy, hehe. The gifts for guests were four crystal shotglasses & of course the traditional candied almonds. Damn I love those things for some odd reason.

The kids had a blast as well although C was being uncharacteristically shy and refused to dance... I think she was just so overwhelmed by everything, this is the first wedding they've been to that they were aware of what is going on. K had no problem though and danced enough for both of them. He refused to let SO & I dance together and more or less cut in on anybody's time with me, heheh.

We stopped at a small diner on the way home for some breakfast. It was a family run operation and the meal was HUGE. And so very good. Overall, this has been a terrific weekend.

Harry Potter: I'm about halfway through the book, it is fabulous but I had to put it down because I was getting too upset. I'm placing bets that someone really important dies - probably Dumbledore.

Ack. Ok back to it then.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.