0

life is... (fill in blank with appropriate option)

Posted by Slowplum on 2/06/2004 06:38:00 AM
So last weekend I went to see L. The train was a total debacle and I don't want to get into it, it was too traumatizing let me assure you. It was a pleasant weekend in spite of the trip there and I'm so glad I went.

This week on the other hand has been a total week from hell. Came close to quitting (hey what else is new). The pinnacle of the badness was yesterday morning when my customs boss emailed me saying "what time did you leave yesterday? what are your hours? i had plant 2 calling me looking for you at 4:15 but they'd been advised you were gone" so I wrote back "i left at 4:27 yesterday, 3 minutes early which of course i am sorry for. my hours are usually 7:30 - 4:30 or 8:00 to 4:30. i do have a fax here that is timestamped 4:48..." then he wrote back "well *I* have one timestamped 4:15..." so i gave up. I wrote back something like "Well I am confused... but I am willing to accept any and all reprimand for my lack of meeting their needs. What more can I do but sincerely apologise and promise it won't happen again. I do not know what else to say..." What I really felt like saying was "fuck you, fuck this job, i don't fucking care anymore. fucker." Customs brings the tourette's out in me. haha.

So yeah my customs boss is being a prick. and plant 2 is trying to get me in trouble because i have stopped bending over backwards for them and making myself available at every turn. they were so bold as to call both my parents and my in laws last weekend when they could not get a hold of me. that i am afraid is 1) unprofessional and 2) lacking in respect for boundaries. I told my boss so and he for once stood up for me to them. but now they are trying their best to make my life hell. i don't need this shit. the job isn't worth it.

what made my day better was around 2 pm i got an email from one of the production control fellas, marked for my customs boss and cc'ed to me, stating that one of his trucks got stopped at the border for three hours for a mistake MY BOSS made... ohhhhh vindication. and of course my boss didn't say a word about it, and totally blamed me for the incident again stating i didn't upload the information in a timely manner. excuse me? i upload the information EVERY FUCKING DAY just like i was told to in the beginning. i cannot be expected to babysit him and call him to remind him to retrieve the data and update his own information.

yesteday was a write off regardless, because gm came to visit our place of business. so naturally everybody was on edge, running around like we were on red alert, and acting completely unnaturally. it sets my teeth to grinding to watch them kowtow like they do. it also amuses me in a small way though. what i find a little bit stupid is that they didn't put out even a small degree of the fanfare that they did when our ceo came to visit... you would think that they would want to woo the customer more than someone internal... goes to show you that to be a manager you have to lose control of your senses completely.

a girl that i work with is leaving in april... i let it drop to my other boss (the good one) that i was interested in learning more about her position with intentions of applying for it. even if i don't get it, hey, nothing ventured nothing gained and at least it broadcasts the message: i hate my current mode of employ. at the very least it will be a good starting point to spurn the "please stop making me do 4 jobs for the price of one or i will very likely go mad" discussion.

time to go now. my mother in law needs to borrow my car again. let's hope she returns it with some gas in it this time. christ.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.