0
Posted by Slowplum on 12/13/2001 03:24:00 PM

My grandmother was in a serious car accident yesterday. She is 66. She is very active and looks 20 years younger than she is. She was driving to church when a van driven by a 17 yr old girl and full of kids smashed into her. Totalled her little car. Smashed her up good as well. Her knee is applesauce right now and she is in a great deal of pain. My mom has been staying at her place taking care of her because she refuses to stay in a hospital.

My mom called me last night to tell me. She sounded tired and sad. I was of course shocked. When I found out she was thankfully alive but not so thankfully injured, I was sad and confused. I didn't even bother asking about the car full of kids. I didn't care about them. I wanted to be sure that my grandma was ok. This woman, this remarkable woman that so many people take for granted. I entertained the idea of her not being around anymore and of course was reduced to tears. I couldn't handle it.

Our family Christmas for my mom's side is taking place on the 22nd. I am hoping grandma will feel up to it. I am praying she heals fast...but I know she will not. She has always had problems with her knees. The hospital sent home a walker for her. For my grandmother, the lady who is more active than most 20 yr olds I know! She is a proud woman, this must have devestated her.
Here is the sad part. No snow in our town right now. Dry road. The van was to blame. How? I don't know, I didn't press for details last night. But I am sad. I am angry. I feel drained from it. I hope they are all ok. At the same time the small part inside of me, the part that is mean and evil, hopes the driver rots for this. Silly but true.

Anyway. I'm sad. I'm tired. I think I'm catching the flu my husband has had for the past week or so. I just wanted to write this all down. You know. Real life. Not quizzes. Not quizzes about quizzes. No hiding behind silent walls of "friends only" locks. Here is my life. Be nice to it. It's a bit bruised right now.



0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.