Posted by Slowplum on 6/11/2001 05:48:00 PM
let us die young or let us live forever
we don't have the power but we never say never
sitting in a sandpit, life is a short trip
the music's for the sad men
can you imagine when this race is won
turn our golden faces into the sun
praising our leaders we're getting in tune
the music's played by the madmen

Alphaville, Forever Young

How long has it been since you'd heard that song? Yeah, same here. I heard it in the cinema yesterday while we were waiting for "Bridget Jones' Diary" to come on. It wasn't terrific, but it was pretty good. Smacked of Pride and Prejudice re-written, but maybe it was just the whole Colin Firth influence. Renee Zellweiger (I probably spelled that wrong, I can never get her name right) did an excellent job with the whole Brit accent bit, much better than most movies I see where people put on accents and then forget halfway through the movie they are supposed to have one.

I have a tumor. On my pituitary gland. Yeah, the one in my brain. Most cases of pituitary tumors result in it being benign. This is good. The tumor can be operated on via laser surgery through the nose a la Totall Recall. Yeah, I shuddered too. If it doesn't work, the next step would be radiation therapy.

It is relieving to know what is wrong with me, but it is aggravating because now that they have a path to follow, they are taking their sweet time about following it. I told my parents. My father wants a fifth or even sixth opinion before he will believe it. Of course, to him, tumors have always meant cancer. We have lost a lot of family to cancer. He couldn't handle my having that. My mother of course is turning it into a soap opera. And me? I just wish the headaches would stop. Because they are getting worse and worse.

Now be off with you. Go somewhere much more interesting than this place.



Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.