1

The Bookworm Turns

Posted by Slowplum on 1/22/2008 08:22:00 AM in , , , , ,
I recently re-discovered our public library. The kids were happy as crickets to get a bunch of books out - C's arms were stuffed beyond belief. K was more conservative, only choosing one book and one dvd to borrow. He says he worries about forgetting a book and would rather borrow one at a time. C says she doesn't have time to go there every day, and would rather get a bunch and then return them and then get a bunch more.

So I digress. I got out a bunch of books, sort of all over the place in the choosing. I have a tendency to randomly type something into the search, check that call# and then let Dewey lead me where I'm meant to go. One of the books I randomly picked up was Angela's Ashes, and I'm already halfway through after starting it up last night. It's a pretty good read, although terribly sad, and some parts made me angry, but a lot of parts made me realize just how damn lucky I am to have all that I have.

Next up on the list when I've done that book is Ysabel, by one of my favorite authors (if not my very favorite), Guy Gavriel Kay. I don't know why I've resisted the purchase of this book, but it was at the library mocking me so what the heck, I'll borrow it. And then of course I will kick myself for resisting the purchase of said book, and end up buying it anyway. Because that's what I do.

There are more, but no sense listing them until they've been read.

I can't stand all this snow dropping down on us. Winter is my least favorite season, for so many many reasons. Time to go shovel off the car & get the kids to school.

Oh! I also managed to get my shift changed, so that I could both drop off AND pick up the kids from now on. Whee!

1 Comments


Oh wow... Ysabel. I've heard that's a fantastic book, you'll have to let me know what you think. Some very reputable sources have been begging me to read that for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it even though they've been adamant about me picking it up... *Cough* Sarcasm *Cough*.

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.