0

Frankly, while this does not surprise me, still I say "well duh".

Posted by Slowplum on 11/12/2007 08:17:00 AM in
BREAK-INS - Sat. November 10
Police are investigating three residential break and enters that occured on Friday. The break-ins occured on Romeo St, Gregory Cres, and Glendon Rd, while the residents were away during the afternoon and evening hours. Stolen from the houses were various pieces of jewelry, a laptop, and a digital camera. Entry was made through open windows and doors. City residents are encouraged to lock their homes at all times including daytime hours, and are asked to report suspicious activity immediately to Police. Anyone with information regarding these crimes are asked to call Police.

Ok, let's forget about all the damn typos (I've already ranted before about the unprofessional editing of the radio site), and get on with the bolded part. I bolded that one part because it's been a point of discussion before among friends who think I'm crazy for locking my doors & windows at all times (well maybe not the windows part but I tend to have a rather draconian habit of making sure every last bit of the house is locked up before leaving or bedtime). People here need to learn that no matter how "small" this city may seem to them, it's still a city and it's a place where hello, half the homes on Ontario street have at some point run a drug house or meth lab; a lady got attacked in a CHURCH for crying out loud; murder occurs here just as it would anywhere else. Theft and getting your place broken into is not out of bounds here people. Hell half the time depending on what area of town I'm in I even lock up my car, in spite of the fact that sometimes I wish someone would steal it so we could replace it. Hah.

Ok rant off, time to get K to school (C is not feeling well - upset tummy all weekend, still feeling off-kilter and she has a bit of a fever and head aches). I have today off, hurrah hurrah hurrah!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.