1

What's wrong, what's wrong now? Too many too many problems... Don't know where she belongs...

Posted by Slowplum on 8/18/2007 10:24:00 AM in , , , , ,
C is going through a funny stage in her life right now. She had finally started to get comfortable in her own skin, happy with friends, playful, good. Now puberty is hitting our little home fast and furious, and she's all a mess again. Singing along to Avril Lavigne (champion of the adolescent & teenage girl) and moping about. Crying at the drop of the hat one day, giddy as a 4 year old the next. Ah, me, I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon.

I can't say I'm surprised though. I've been anticipating this. It happened early to me as well, albeit in different ways and likely for different reasons.

K is such a little ham. FIL took me out with the kids last night for a belated birthday dinner for me, and K had to go to the bathroom. Against my inner hyperventilating "everyone is out to get my kids" self, I let him go on his own, with the proviso that he had "five minutes, and then I'm coming to get you if you aren't back". He took a little longer than that, so FIL went to see what was going on, and was back in 30 seconds with a proud little K. K said that there was a dude in the stall and that he told him that he only had 5 minutes or mom was coming in after him, so hurry up man. The dude apparently laughed and hurried up so that K would make it back in good time.

Tonight I'm going out with the wedding party as a pre-wedding bash of sorts, avoiding the whole bachelor/bachelorette regime. That's fine by me, and if it's fine by the bride and groom, it's all good. I feel kind of odd being invited out, since I'm only the MC for this thing, but I guess the bride and groom decided because I helped out a lot with things they wanted to include me and thank me for it. Who am I to disagree to a night out?

School is just around the corner. My good gravy. Where did the summer go???

Sunday I go out for dinner with Lola, I'm so excited!!!!

1 Comments


Yay Felini's Bruschetta!!!

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.