0
Posted by Slowplum on 8/09/2005 08:34:00 PM
Weekend was nice. Not much going on for a change. I went and dyed and streaked my hair. C got a new haircut too. Sunday we all went out for brunch with some friends. There were too many of us to go to our favorite spot so we went to a brunch at the Queen's.

Two little boys just showed up at our door last night and asked if they could play with our kid. I said sure, in the front yard, but where were their parents? They didn't say for the longest time. I suspected the bigger one was a bully, so I parked myself in front and let them play cars with K. As suspected, the bigger one asked K if he could keep some of K's cars. I said quite firmly NO. The bully kind of glared at me. Then they asked if the could play in my backyard. I said no, because they wouldn't be able to hear their parents calling then. I asked again where their parents were... no answer. The bully kid asked about the cars again and I told them enough was enough, and go home. They didn't look too happy about it but the little kid was polite and said thanks for letting them play, then was dragged away by the bully to go knocking on the next door. Very strange.

JG came home halfway through this episode and stayed outside chatting with me while we half watched the kids. We discussed some prospective apartments, as he is not familiar with Stratford and wanted to know if I knew anything about the locations that came up. Then we chit-chatted about things I'd like to do to the house... I'm itching to do things for it again, which is the builder upbringing I guess. Growing up I never lived in a house that my Dad didn't touch somehow. Usually major renovations even if they weren't really needed. To me, a house isn't your home unless you've done something for it.

Last year it was painting the main floor and installing hardwood laminate. This year I'd like to fix up the bathroom upstairs, maybe paint it too. Alternately, I would like to rip out the old carpeting upstairs and either put in new carpet or floor it up there too. Except it would be hella cold in winter so new carpet. Except carpet is way more expensive. I don't know. Blah. JG is pretty handy and grew up with the same kind of Dad, so he offered to help whenever we decided it was time to do something. Which is nice because SO isn't really all that interested in doing anything to the house. He's pretty happy with it the way that it is.

I'm feeling kind of sleepy but not. I stayed up too late last night, first watching a DVD full of Spongebob Squarepants episodes with JG, and then after JG went to bed I stayed up and waited for SO, who kept me up until 2, and no we weren't talking.

Still haven't called the EAP. Because brrr. Therapists.

Maybe I just need to heal on my own, little by little.

I've been invited to visit my friend in London (UK). I'm sorely tempted. Thoughts?

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.