0

another season, another reason, to play hooky

Posted by Slowplum on 3/04/2005 08:25:00 AM
Well not really. I *do* have a pretty nasty cold. But I likely could have toughed it out at work today. I decided instead to say "tough beans" to that, and call in sick. What are they going to do, fire me? Good! That's what I want anyway!

Talked to Dad yesterday at lunchtime about my current existential crises with regards to job, family, etc and he said that family should come first and foremost and the rest of it can go fuck itself. He said if I'm that stressed that it is effecting my marriage and family life, to quit the job because it isn't worth it.

I'm likely going to stick to my original plan though, and wait until September. I will probably give my notice in late August and give them a few weeks to find someone - that way I am free and clear before V's wedding (have I even mentioned this wedding? I have not one but two major weddings to go to this year - my cousin L's and my cousin V's. I'm very excited about both).

I am wearing my superman t-shirt today, which makes me feel pretty invincible. If I had underoos to match, my powers would be UNSTOPPABLE!

I'm feeling more cheerful of late, probably because I made up my mind and decided fuck the system, fuck corporate ladders, fuck inter-office politics, fuck customs and logistics, fuck it all. It's just a job and it isn't like we are out there saving lives every day.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.