0

bachelorette camping

Posted by Slowplum on 9/22/2004 06:42:00 AM
so this weekend we are going camping up by lake huron overnight as a bachelorette function for my friend JK. She's not really into the bar scene and the rest of us are sick of it as well, this way we can get smashed and have fun. JM is setting up a drunken survivoresque type game and I cannot wait.

I have somehow been hornswaggled into making dessert for this function, and I'm hard pressed to find something that won't make drunken bellies go "oooooooog! bad ideaaa!" the next day. Hmmmm. I'm thinking cookies is the only option...

Tonight is Family Information/BBQ/Book Fair night at my kids' school. WHoopety-do. I hate mingling with parents who don't give me the time of day because I'm one or all of the following: 1) weird 2) half their age 3) not a stay at home mom 4) actually interested in my children.

Mind you there are a few people I do like, here's hoping I bump into them.

I should probably write about K's first day sometime, I probably will and just date it from that day.

So I have an ultrasound scheduled for the face-melting pain I've been in but it isn't scheduled until next Thursday. The doctor's pretty convinced it's my gall bladder acting up but wants to see the extent of the damage or somesuch. In the mean time he has put me on Nexium which apparently tells the stomach to stop producing acids. How does my food get digested? Very slowly. And I still have the nausea and general discomfort/malaise. Did I mention I HATE pills? Hate them with a passion but I have to take them or end up either not eating or in the fetal position every time I do eat.

SO says this is a clear indication that my job is killing me, har har.

This guy at work came in with a cast this week on his hand, I asked him what happened. Well! Apparently his (now ex) fiancee smashed his hand in the fridge door and broke the ball joint at the base of his hand & the one on his pinky finger. I asked why he said because she doesn't like him working so much. She's something like 7 months pregnant too. Man some people lead crazy lives. I said uh was she this dysfunctional before he said nope and now he is talking to his lawyer about custody of Molly (the baby she hasn't had yet) because he doesn't want her growing up with a nutcase. He kind of laughed and said it was interesting that he had spent years in the military and no injuries - it took living with a woman to mess him up. I didn't really have a response to that because, frankly, I think the guy might be a little messed up himself but meh, who knows these days.

Also, my insomnia came to visit me last week and hasn't left since. Whoo-ah. Gotta love the autumn.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.