0
Posted by Slowplum on 8/31/2003 07:05:00 AM
I suppose I should post a real post, hmm?

Let's see what's new... my son kicked me in the face when I was tickling him so now I have a big split on my top lip and it hurts like hell. The place where the split is keeps rubbing against my gums which is worrying it rather than letting it heal. Waa waaa I hurts, momma.

C is DYING to go to school on Tuesday, it cannot come fast enough! I took the day off from work to take her to school. She's especially happy about that. I almost never get the chance to take her because of my work schedule, usually it is either SO or SO's Dad. So when I get to do it she is ecstatic.

Some people at work can't understand why I'd take that first day of school off, but it's important to me. It's important to me to make sure that my kids realize in spite of the fact that I work 45-50 hour weeks, come home crabby, etc, they are everything to me and I want to be there for the little milestones in their lives. I purposely didn't go back to work for the first 18 months of both their lives, so I could see all those firsts. Money was incredibly tight back then but it was worth it. Last year I lied about doctor's appointments etc just so I could go to parent-teacher things, how pathetic is that? You know what's even more pathetic? Most of the women at my jobplace who have kids, do this. But the men can announce "I have to go to a parent-teacher thing" and everyone praises him for being the attentive father. If a woman says it, it's "no way you have these fifty bajillion things to do, we are not going to let you have the time". Gotta love balance in the workplace. *grumblefuck*

K is going to be incredibly jealous; he wants to go to school so badly it hurts. I made sure to get him his own special knapsack to take to the babysitter's though so that at least he has something new too. Also got him some new crayons and paper. He loves to draw, they both do. Unfortunately C has taken to drawing on the wall again.

Oh! C drew a picture of Trogdor the Burninator that is just priceless... maybe I'll scan it and post it, if y'all are interested in seeing a five year old's viewpoint.

Speaking of back to school, I myself am going back part time (because I didn't have enough to do! ) to study to be a Municipal Law Clerk. You know, the people who do all the dirty work for lawyers and get paid 1/4th the price. This may seem like an odd choice for me, but honestly I like this sort of thing, and the Sociology program I took at UWO was fine and all but doesn't do much job-wise.

Anyway, time to go make breakfast. Mmm. Breakfast.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.