0

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not at my best.

Posted by Slowplum on 1/28/2010 06:17:00 PM
It's been forever and a day since updating this thing. I had to shovel at least a foot of dust off.

I'm still in medical limbo, most recent round of tests "inconclusive" which is medical speak for "There's something there, but damned if we know what to do about it".

The weather out there is terrible. I hate winter. People say "oh, but you'd miss the snow if you didn't have it" or "but Christmas is just not the same without snow" and to that I say BULLSHIT. That's right. I'm calling the bullshit card.

My daughter got her ears pierced again, we did it the weekend my Mom was home. Which was incidentally the same weekend of the baptism for my twin nieces. They were adorable and very well-behaved. I'm their Madrin AND Padrin, by funny default. What happened is that my brother and his wife chose me and her sister to be the godparents of both, with no godfather. However, during the lighting of the candles, the Deacon asked all the godfathers to step up to take the candles. So M's sister and I looked at each other, shrugged, and I went for it, being the Catholic one of us. So I've been teased about being their godfather, which puts me into Marlin Brando autopilot. Those poor girls have a crazy aunt/godmother/godfather.

I really, really, really, really, REALLY want a Kindle. As a self-professed bibliophile, the appeal of this to me is huge - imagine carrying around hundreds of books at once! Ummm, yes please!

They have a version for the PC, so I do have it installed in my laptop, but it isn't the same. Not by a long shot. I prefer using my laptop for writing and/or watching movies. I can't hold it the way I could hold a kindle, so reading on it is more cumbersome than a kindle would be. I did shop around, the Sony reader thing does not appeal at all (I've heard some really bad feedback from friends who have it or have used it, plus it doesn't carry half the books or features kindle does). The Nook is not available in Canada yet (boo! Get on that, Barnes & Noble!) so I'm afraid a Kindle is the only one appealing to me. Too bad it costs more than I can afford at the moment. Sigh.

I realize this post is all over the place. I'm just too tired to care or try and gather thoughts in a concise manner. I've had a really craptastic week, if not longer, and I just can't be bothered. I don't even know why I am bothering to update, since I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who reads this thing anymore. Ah well, whatever.

The girls will be 1 year old on February 27th. That year went pretty damn fast.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.