0
Posted by Slowplum on 10/30/2004 09:27:00 AM
So Thursday morning I:

-slept in
-had hell of time getting kids out of bed & dressed & ready to go to in-laws
-got kids out and into car
-returned into unlocked house only to find - NO KEYS TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE
-spent 20 mins looking for keys
-finally gave up and walked kids over to in-laws.

they lent me their car as they have two vehicles. which was fine except:

they forgot to tell me the lights don't automatically shut off when the car stops.

and it had no annoying noise to remind me.

so guess what was dead when i left work later that afternoon, tired and having had a horrific day.

yeah.

i had to call my dad because nobody else would help and those who did want to help couldn't because they had no jumper cables. if it were my own car i'd have had some but it was the in-laws' and they didn't.

got keys from SO and then spent most of the evening looking for mine.

i found them alright - in my son's jacket sleeve.



Friday an interesting thing happened. When I went to get some scrapbook supplies to make a book for my aunt to ship to her newly-found stepdaughter in England (long story short: current hubby had a child very young and the mother of that child took her away and he hadn't heard from said child until just last year, and the kid's like, 30something). I bought a new book to put the layouts in during break and at a later break at work I opened up the book to check for flaws (bought it on sale but didn't have time for that just wanted to get one and go) and inside there was an already complete layout! The photos were professionally done black-and-whites of this very lovely lady. They were much older and it was a gorgeous set-up.

So I called the store and explained to them that I think maybe I got one of their display books or something because of this layout. They couldn't understand what I was trying to tell them so I said I would come over after work to show them, because I didn't want somebody missing these terrific photos.

After work, as promised, I went over to the store and showed the owners what I was talking about. Turns out the photos were of the owner Lauren when she was younger! She was so pleased about my bringing it back she let me choose a different scrapbook from a wall up to $50 in value! Then she gave me 10% off anything else I might find to purchase and a free membership (which entitles me to 10% off everything and free access to their cropping materials). She said it was so nice that there were still people like me because most would have just went "huh. nice." and thrown the layout in the bin or something.

Friday night I went out for dinner with MH & KH, which was nice. We were supposed to go shopping afterward but MH had to go do something with her two sisters to celebrate her middle sister getting engaged. So we had a later dinner and then KH & I decided to cruise around the grocery store as I needed to do some shopping anyway and going at night is best because nobody is around to bug you or fight you over the last box of honey combs or whatever.

Then we put all my groceries away and had some tea and discussed what we were doing for Hallowe'en. She decided she wanted to be an 80's punk sort and was asking me for ideas. I told her to hold on a second and then returned from my room with all kinds of junk that completely suited her purpose. She laughed and said she knew she'd come to the right person and what the heck was I doing with all this stuff. I had no response for that but meh.

Spent most of last night awake tending to not one, but two puking kids. I'm exhausted and grumpy. This is going to be one of the worse types of halloweens I can just tell. Which sucks because I love this holiday normally. :(

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 the saddest girl to ever hold a martini All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.